The Series 7 Test is available only through Prometric Test Centers. It is proctored, and not available online. These testing centers are found in many different locations all across the United States. You can take the Series 7 Test on almost any given day of the year.
- The Series 7 Test is an exam administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- It is for individuals who would like to be licensed stock brokers. It is designed to measure whether a candidate has the competencies necessary to function in the capacity of a registered representative.
The Series 7 Test is known as the most comprehensive license that allows agents to interact with retail investors.
- The Series 7 Test takes approximately 6 hours to complete.
- There are 260 multiple-choice questions, although ten of them are used for research and do not count in the scoring.
- You should answer all of the questions, as there is no penalty for guessing.
- You must answer 175 questions correctly to pass.
- A passing score for the Series 7 Test is a score of 70%.
There are many online resources that can help you prepare for the Series 7 Test. There are websites that have sample test questions. There are also online classes that even offer live chat times, as well as many other resources that can assist you to studying for the Series 7 Test.