Testing for the Series 7 Test is available at Prometric testing sites all across the United States on almost any given day. The Series 7 Test takes approximately 6 hours to complete. First, you test for three hours in the morning. There is a one hour break followed by a second three-hour testing session.
- The Series 7 Test is an exam administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). It is for individuals who would like to be licensed stock brokers. It is designed to measure whether a candidate has the competencies necessary to function in the capacity of a registered representative.
The Series 7 Test is known as the most comprehensive license that allows agents to interact with retail investors.
- There are 260 multiple-choice questions, although ten of them are used for research and do not count in the scoring.
- You should answer all of the questions, as there is no penalty for guessing.
- You must answer 175 questions correctly to pass. A passing score for the Series 7 Test is a score of 70%.
- There are websites that have sample test questions as well as many resources to assist you in studying for the Series 7 Test.
Calculators and scratch paper are provided. You will not be allowed to bring these items into the testing center.